Covid-19, for all its negative connotations, has allowed many people to rethink their careers.
Whenever something unexpected happens, we tend to re-evaluate our life choices and to ponder over the things that really matter to us.
And this includes learning new skills, perhaps a better work-life balance, maybe finding more of a meaningful purpose in their work, or less commuting time or increased job security.
As a result, scary two-thirds of us are rethinking their careers and are using this new way of thinking thanks to lockdown, as a way of changing the way they live, going forwards.
Lots of people were also furloughed or were made redundant so that looking at their careers hasn’t necessarily been their own choice.
Choosing a career move is difficult at the best of times, but during this period of such uncertainty, it can make it even harder…
Reasons to Change…
Perhaps it’s time for a career change because:
- No longer a challenge – perhaps you’re no longer satisfied with your current job due to a lack of responsibility or chance of promotion?
- New interests – maybe you’ve found you’re interested in a different side of your original career and want to switch direction?
- Flexibility – perhaps your current employer isn’t as flexible as you’d like in relation to days/times/childcare/commute?
- Salary – is always a huge incentive to want to change a career.
- Management – perhaps you’re unhappy with the way your workplace is being run?
Whatever the reason you need a change if you are one of the thousands who want a new career and yet don’t know where to start, then how about turning to a life coach?
But Why a Life Coach?
It can be extremely difficult for an individual to make life-changing decisions and to make these changes on their own.
The kind of questions they’d expect you to consider when thinking about a change of career include:
- What skills do I have?
- What do I really enjoy doing?
- What’s my personality like?
- What are my realistic salary expectations?
- Will I need further education or training to get into the career I crave?
- What are my strengths/weaknesses?
- What type of work schedule and environment do I want to work with?
It can be extremely difficult answering these questions honestly, and with clarity, so a life coach could be just the answer in helping you move forward with your next career journey.
Life coaches help individuals focus on their present life circumstances and help them move forward to realize the values and goals they may have in their present professional lives to make a change.
So, with direction, goal-setting, interview preparation, honest feedback, high-quality CV building, and networking, a career life coach can introduce you to a whole new world…